Please read our office hours below:
Mon - Fri | 7:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday | 10:00am - 2pm
Sunday | Closed
Please note that our office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
In order to prepare for your first appointment at Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital, there are multiple items that we kindly request for you to bring with you, as they will assist in providing the best and most thorough medical care that can be provided to your furry companion. These items requested items are:
- Medical records - Please provide us with the full patient medical records prior to or when arriving to your first appointment. These can be faxed (972-738-1111) or emailed to us directly from your previous veterinary clinic or they can be supplied by you. If you prefer for one of our Client Service Specialists to contact your previous veterinary clinic to request these documents, please let us know and we will gladly assist you.
- Vaccine records - These records are usually part of your pet’s full medical records, but it is important to specify that these vaccine records will assist in tailoring our preventive care plan for your companion.
- Stool sample from your pet - We strongly recommend for you to bring a fresh stool sample from your pet not only for the first appointment, but also for every appointment, as we may or may not need it for parasite testing. This fresh stool sample should be collected within 1-2 hours before your appointment. If it is collected the night prior, please refrigerate it as soon as it is collected.
- List of medications - Please provide us with a list of all the medications and supplements that your furry friend might be on, as well as their concentrations and dosages. If it makes it easier for you, we encourage you to bring the bottles of medications and supplements or pictures of their labels.
Please call our office at any time if you need to reschedule. We’ll work with you to help you find another date that fits your schedule.
If your feline or canine companion is sick, there are multiple ways you can help us and help your furry companion make your visit less stressful and potentially more rewarding.
- If any urinary issues are present, please avoid having your pet urinate for at least several hours before your appointment.
- If any vomiting or diarrhea are seen, we recommend fasting for 10-12 hrs before your appointment. However, please inform us of your concerns when making your appointment, as this recommendation may change.
- If your fur baby is usually nervous, scared, or potentially aggressive when visiting the veterinary hospital or clinic, please inform us so that we can share ideas on what may calm your baby down, so that the appointment can be as stress-free as possible.
Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital aims to be one of the first of its kind in the region. The Veterinary Boutique Hospital concept refers to an intimate hospital that has unique settings and offers individualized pet health care. Unlike a standard veterinary hospital that focuses in high-volume medicine practice, our Boutique Hospital utilizes its more relaxing, spa inspired environment to provide state-of-the-art technology and high-quality medicine on a personalized level, where education and focusing on a positive experience are basic goals that we pursue.
With our approach, we strive to eradicate the common complaints heard about many of the standard veterinary hospitals: excessive waiting times, unwelcoming waiting rooms, poor customer service, doctors rushing appointments, and lack of personal connection with the client and patient. Our Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital comes to life to surpass and excel any experience you may have had with a veterinary hospital. We offer a personalized, one-on-one five-star hospitality service that strives to be unique and individualistic. We are also proud to offer new technology that blends with outstanding medical care.
We have designed our hospital to appeal to the clientele in a relaxing atmosphere that offers an environment with your furry companion’s comfort in mind as a priority. We have eliminated or substituted factors that may cause stress to our patients and aimed to provide a fear free ambience. Our waiting room also welcomes you with complimentary beverages, fresh pastries, and snacks (for both our furry companions and clientele). We provide complimentary Wi-Fi in a setting inspired by the elements of water, sand, and plants.
At Isla, we have a passionate and detail oriented staff committed to providing you with an exceptional and personalized experience that you will never forget. Once you leave our hospital, you will feel like you have discovered a hidden gem, a premier destination for your furry friend’s medical and healthcare needs. Welcome to your very own island of veterinary healthcare!
Insurance & Financial
At Isla, we strive to offer multiple forms of payment to assist in the sometimes challenging process of finding ways to provide for the medical care of your companion. We accept Cash, Debit Cards, and Credit Cards.
How are we different from other practices? We have thought outside the box and we are proud to accept other forms of payment that have more flexibility and options. We accept CareCredit, VetBilling, and Scratchpay. We also accept every type of pet health insurance. At Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital, we proudly offer Trupanion Express, a revolutionary approach in pet health insurance that allows you to pay your portion of your bill (deductible) at check out while Trupanion covers the rest of your bill within minutes! For details on this option and how to apply, please visit their website at www.trupanion.com.
We know that financial challenges can be experienced by any of us, which can be limiting when trying to make sure your furry companion is as healthy and happy as possible. This is why we offer nonconventional payment options like CareCredit, Vetbilling, Scratchpay, and pet insurance, including Trupanion Express. These are options that you can apply to and, if qualified, can assist you during payment at the time of visit. In order to provide the best possible medical care to your four-legged family member, we require payment at the time the services are rendered. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!
Pet insurance is the equivalent to human health insurance, but for your furry friend. When you insure the health of your dog or cat, it gives you peace of mind to know that unexpected medical bills would be covered by your pet insurance. These insurance options not only help you financially, but also allow you to provide the best medical care you can to your companion, even when there is excellent health. With pet insurance, you can choose the right treatment for your baby, eliminating the finances as a deciding factor on the well being of your companion.
When deciding which company to choose for pet insurance, there are multiple factors to consider. We believe excellent and immediate coverage are the most important factors, along with outstanding client service that is available 24/7. While many companies offer amazing options, we believe Trupanion offers the best options to our clients.
We accept all pet insurances at Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital, but we recommend Trupanion, as they are the only pet insurance that offers “Vet Direct Pay”. With this technology, Trupanion eliminates the need to submit paper claims and avoids the waiting process for reimbursements. “Vet Direct Pay” allows you to pay your portion of the medical bill and Trupanion takes care of the rest, within minutes, as claim decisions are made at the time of checking out. This means no more paying out of pocket and no more waiting for reimbursements!
Trupanion’s comprehensive policy covers surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, treatments, and more. Whatever your furry friend needs, they cover 90% of the eligible bill. For more details and for enrollment, please visit their website at www.trupanion.com. Please be aware that Trupanion and Isla Veterinary Boutique Hospital are completely different entities. We just truly believe in their purpose and vision! If a different pet insurance company may suit your needs better, we would love to help you in the process of choosing the right option for you!